Over the years we’ve helped our customers name their businesses, and in the process, we’ve gathered a list of brand naming resources that we think may help you in your endeavor. Here are some of our most valued links and resources:
Online Naming Resources
- Onym – A deep rabbit hole of brand naming resources (the guides & sprints section especially)
- IGOR Naming Guide (PDF) – A 22 page framework for creating powerful brand names
- The 3 Hour Brand Sprint – by Jake Knapp (A quick exercise anyone can implement)
- The 3 Step Process for Naming a Brand – by Ben Pieratt (Simple, but it works)
- How to name your business by 99Designs
- How to come up with a business name on SquadHelp
Brand Naming Books – Easily found online
- Hello My Name is Awesome – A concise and quick read on how to create brand names that stick.
- Don’t Call It That: A Naming Workbook – A nicely designed book that guides readers on how to name a company or product.
- Wordcraft: The Art of Turning Little Words into Big Business – An insightful look at how big brands got their names.
When you’ve found a name, ensure you can trademark it in your class (see USPTO class lists).